Living life one experience at a time

Living life one experience at a time

Wednesday 29 January 2014

My Skincare Routine and Photography Page

Hello!

Today's post is a pretty standard beauty blogger's post - most of the blogs I read have done this at least once, so here I am, jumping on the bandwagon. I will make a confession here - I am terrrrrrrrrrrrible at doing this everyday, let alone twice a day! I make sure to moisturise my face at least once a day, but the rest sometimes gets "forgotten". I really am trying though... I think...


So let's start with exfoliating. I use St Ives Apricot Scrub, which I've been using since my early teens and it's just always impressed me so I've never really tried anything else. I like quite a scrubby scrub, if you know what I mean. Harsh enough to make it feel like it's really getting into my pores and eliminating any dryness and flakiness which is something I unfortunately suffer from. I either use it in the shower, just applying it with my fingers, or I use the Olay Professional Pro-X Cleansing System (without the Olay scrub) which is similar to the Clarisonic, but MUCH less expensive. I tend to use it with the Pro-X if I'm not in the shower, simply because it's battery powered and I don't want to put it under running water.... obviously, haha.

Then I use Diadermine Cleanser which is a relatively new product in my routine. I first bought it when I visited France last August (post here) and really love it. It's perfect for softening my skin and I feel very clean afterwards. It's very creamy without feeling greasy.

I also use any variety of cleansing face wipes that are suitable for sensitive skin - these from Tesco are what I'm currently using, though I'm not really too fussy. These are generally for removing for my make-up or in the summer for a freshen up.

Following that I use Diadermine moisturiser which was also purchased in France, although I've recently discovered I can buy it on Amazon which I'm really pleased about - saves a trip, haha. This is a great cream I've been using on and off for about 7 years. It's really thick but not oily in the slightest and sinks very nicely into my poor dry face, especially when it's cold like this!

Because I'm very fair, redness tends to show up quite visibly on my face, particularly my cheeks, so I dab a little of this No7 calming balm. It's ok, but to be honest, I think it's my make-up that's the real saviour here. I'll use it until it's all gone though.

Then I use a Garnier caffeine roll on to try and calm dark circles, which also isn't something I'll re-purchase.

Final step before make-up is Benefit POREfessional which erases visible pores. I absolutely LOVE this product! It works wonders. I tend to use it on my cheeks and chin as that's where my pores are most visible after previously having acne (post here).

So that's my full routine, although like I said, I need to get better at doing it more often. Also, you've probably noticed that I don't use a toner. That's simply because I don't like them, I think they're very harsh to the skin as they often contain alcohol which in turn makes them very drying - not ideal for someone with already very dry skin. If I was ever to purchase something similar, it would be a tonic like the one that's part of the Liz Earle range.

On a completely unrelated note, I'd like to share with you my photography page on Facebook. I'll hopefully be starting a BTEC in photography this coming Autumn and the page is in preparation for that, to see if people would be interested in my work should I pursue it professionally so I'd appreciate any likes from you lovely people.

IOTD - Kate Hudson. She has THE most beautiful complexion!


SOTD - Happy by Pharrell Williams. Try and listen to this song without feeling like you want to dance. I dare you...




No comments:

Post a Comment