Living life one experience at a time

Living life one experience at a time

Monday 20 January 2014

Christmas Cocktails - Outfit and Face of the Night

Bonjour everyone! (Check that out! Bilingual, me. Haha!)

Before Christmas I hosted a cocktail party for my close friends. It was a really fun evening with some yummy cocktails. These were the recipes I used:

http://www.stylist.co.uk/life/recipes/nigellas-christmas-cocktail-recipes

I made Ruby Duchess and Poinsettia from this website - Ruby Duchess was my favourite!

(DISCLAIMER: All my friends and I are 20/21 and above the legal drinking age in the UK, so don't think there was any naughty underage drinking at this party - we're all good eggs!)

This is the outfit I wore that night:




My dress is originally from Monsoon in the Fusion range, but I bought mine on ebay for £25 - bargain considering it was on sale in Monsoon for something like £85!!

My shoes were red suede (fake) heels from New Look (blog post with more details coming soooooon!) and I wore a pair of vintage earrings that belonged to my Grandma.


Make up was very simple - Urban Decay Creep all over the lid and Virgin mixed with Sin in the inner corner with my usual mascara and eyeliner.


My hair looks more complicated than it actually was - I curled the ends using a GHD straightener and simply twisted and pinned the hair back using small individual pieces - and about 100 hair grips #thickhairproblems.

IOTD - Gemma Arterton, she always looks so pretty with an updo, so I was definitely inspired by hers for the party.


SOTD - In Colour by Elviin





No comments:

Post a Comment