Living life one experience at a time

Living life one experience at a time

Wednesday 22 January 2014

Book Review - Humans of New York by Brandon Stanton

Hello everyone! Hope you're well!

I've always been a real book worm - I've had my head in one since I was a little girl. My love of books has extended to my love of coffee table books, especially since one of my main interests in life is art, particularly photography, so looking at paintings and photos is something I really enjoy doing. What I love about coffee table books is that they are wonderful for just dipping into - you can open them at any page and find something beautiful.

I know my blog so far has primarily been focused on fashion and beauty, but I consider it more of a lifestyle blog and this is simply an element of my life that I want to share with you - I want this blog to detail what I enjoy in all aspects of life, not just what I'm wearing.

So, recently I found a Facebook page called 'Humans of New York' (https://www.facebook.com/humansofnewyork?fref=ts) where photos are uploaded of people going about their daily lives in New York City. They often come with a section of the conversation had between the photographer and the 'subject'. Some of these captions are just very funny, some very romantic and some very sad and moving. It's beautiful because it's life. When I realised there was also a book, I bought it straight away because I love things like this.


It started back in 2010 when Brandon Stanton decided to embark on a photo project in which he created a photographic census of NYC.






As you can see, this collection of photos details a glimpse into the vibrant lives of people in New York. Every photo is magical and unique. Just like every human (cheeeeeeeeeeesy!)

I bought my copy on Amazon for £27 using money I received for Christmas. I'm not affiliated with HONY, I just love it!

IOTD - Ellen Degeneres. I think Ellen is really inspirational simply down to being SO kind, and encouraging others to do the same thing. Oh, and she's beautiful. And funny. And, well, everything.

SOTD - Samson by Regina Spektor

No comments:

Post a Comment