Living life one experience at a time

Living life one experience at a time

Sunday 2 February 2014

Black/Grey Smokey Eye

Ola!

I was meant to post this on Friday, however I'm forgetful and now it's Sunday. Sorry about that, but it's ok, it's up now!

Thought I'd show you a black smokey eye. It DOES look very grey. The flash on my camera lightened it rather a lot, but it's a bit dark not to use the flash, silly old winter nights!


This is great for parties as it's a little bit sparkly and a little heavier than you might wear in the daytime. I used the MUA Immaculate Collection which is BRILLIANT! 24 shades for about £8 in Superdrug, I love these! This brand of make-up is super affordable and really not bad quality. The eyeshadows are the only thing I've purchased, but they have a very reasonable pigment and lots of shades to choose to from.

I used shade 20, which is white, as a base and took it all over the lid, up to the brow bone and into the inner corner of the eye as an highlight.

I then used shade 16, which is grey, all over the lid.

Then I used shade 4, which is black, in the crease and outer third.

I then used shade 11, which is a sparkly silver, in the inner 2/3 of the lid.

I extended the black slightly above the crease and then added a little of the silver above that.

Then blend, blend, blend - which is crucial with dark colours. I've probably not blended enough, but then again, I'm not sure you CAN blend enough!

Finally, I lined the upper lashline with Maybelline 24 hour lasting drama gel liner, lined the water and tightlines with Borjois Kohl and Contour and used Benefit They're Real on the top and bottom lashes.

C'est fini!

IOTD -  Erin O'Connor



SOTD - Irreplaceable by Beyonce 


No comments:

Post a Comment