Living life one experience at a time

Living life one experience at a time

Friday 7 February 2014

Wearable Green Eye

Hello everyone!

Today I thought I'd show you a wearable eye look that injects a bit of colour into your make-up. I'm normally a bit scared of using colour, I'll admit it. I'll go reasonably bright for my lips, but that's as far as my experimenting goes. However, I'd like to become a bit more colourful and since watching the YouTube videos of make-up artists such as Pixiwoo and Tanya Burr , I've realised that you can use coloured shadows without looking like a pre-teen experimenting with make-up for the first time (90's bright blue eyeshadow, anyone?).

So, here's what I came up with:



(I am aware that my eyebrows need a little attention - it's on my list, don't worry!)
(Also, my camera isn't wonky, it's just my face)

It's very subtly green, I did that on purpose in order to ease myself into using brighter shades, and I think it would work for daytime or nighttime.

I used fairly old make-up, so I don't know if it would still be available, but eyeshadow is eyeshadow, you'll always be able to find suitable dupes for any shade. It’s all drugstore make-up (apart from my mascara), so if you find you can still buy it, you’ll be pleased to know it’s not expensive.

I used the Borjois Smokey Eye Kit in 02/Baroque. I used the darkest colour in the crease of my eye and on the outer third. I then used the medium colour over the inner two thirds on the lid and then used the lightest colour above the crease to illuminate.

I then used the green, which is by 17 and in the shade Ivy Leaf, over the medium colour of the smokey eye skit and blended it with that browny-gold shade. Finally I went back over the crease with the original dark shade to deepen the crease and make my eyes look more shapely.

I finished with Borjois Kohl and Contour eye pencil in the tight and waterlines and used Benefit They’re Real mascara on my top and bottom lashes.

That was it! Easy peasy!

IOTD – Tanya Burr. As I said before, Tanya is my inspiration for eyes like this as she made me reconsider my fear of colour.



SOTD – Suit & Tie by Justin Timberlake. I read a Buzzfeed article of 33 reasons why JT is amazing to celebrate his 33rd birthday and have singing this song ever since. “As long as I’ve got my suit and tie…” *Dances off*

No comments:

Post a Comment