Living life one experience at a time

Living life one experience at a time

Wednesday 5 February 2014

Favourite Films and Recommendations

Hello!

I've always enjoyed watching films, not really at the cinema (bad eyesight for the win!), but a good DVD or a Sky+ recording sets me up for a couple of hours so I thought I'd make a post about some that I've enjoyed over the years, and then some that I've watched in the last couple of weeks, with their trailers. So if you're stuck for something to watch, maybe this list can help you narrow it a bit. I'm no expert and I'm sure you won't like everything I've chosen, but everyone is different and that's what makes life fun!

Comedy:

Ferris Bueller’s Day Off – Directed by John Hughes, Cert 15

The Breakfast Club – Directed by John Hughes, Cert 15

Pretty in Pink – Directed by Howard Deutch, Cert 15

Shaun of the Dead - Directed by Edgar Right, Cert 15

Bridesmaids - Directed by Paul Feig, Cert 15

Romance:

Garden State - Directed by Zach Braff, Cert 15 (I couldn't find an actual trailer for this one, but here's a short clip of it that I did find)

Sleepless in Seattle - Directed by Nora Ephron, Cert PG

Pretty Woman - Directed by Garry Marshall, Cert 15

Dirty Dancing - Directed by Emile Ardolino, Cert 15

Romeo and Juliet (1996 version) - Directed by Baz Luhrmann, Cert 12

Drama:

Marie Antoinette - Directed by Sofia Coppola, Cert 12

Anna Karenina - Directed by Joe Wright, Cert 12

Philadelphia - Directed by Jonathan Demme, Cert 12

This is England - Directed by Shane Meadows, Cert 18

Big Fish - Directed by Tim Burton, Cert PG

Action:

The Bourne Trilogy (NOT LEGACY! If Matt Damon isn’t in it, I’m not interested!) - Directed by Doug Liman (Identity), Paul Greengrass (Supremacy and Ultimatum), Cert 12/15

Flightplan - Directed by Robert Schwentke, Cert 12

Hanna - Directed by Joe Wright, Cert 12

Phone Booth - Directed by Joel Schumacher, Cert 15

The Day After Tomorrow - Directed by Roland Emmerich, Cert 12

Recently Watched:

Ruby Sparks - Directed by Jonathan Dayton and Valerie Faris, Cert 15

The Sapphires - Directed by Wayne Blair, Cert PG

Salmon Fishing in the Yemen - Directed by Lasse Hallström, Cert 12

Mermaids - Directed by Richard Benjamin, Cert 15

Cruel Intentions - Directed by Roger Kumble, Cert 15

Hope there's something here that you might like, if not, give me a recommendation in the comments! I'm always looking for films to add to my rental list on Lovefilm, so go right ahead!

IOTD - Jessica Mauboy who plays Julie in The Sapphires

SOTD - Fall by Ed Sheeran

No comments:

Post a Comment