Living life one experience at a time

Living life one experience at a time

Monday 10 February 2014

Blue Eyes

Hello!

Following my embracing of coloured eye shadows from last week, I thought I'd do a similar look, only using blue this time. Hope you like it! I've enhanced the photos slightly so the colours show up a bit better - I left this post until far too late for natural lighting (it's nearly 9pm) so my flash just ruined the whole thing. Sorry!


I used all drugstore eyeshadows from 2 different MUA palettes - Immaculate collection and Glamour Nights. I will insert photos of the palettes so you can see the exact colours I used. Some of them stupidly don't have names so this is going to tricky - bear with me!

I started with a white (1) shadow all over the lid up to the brow bone. Then on nearly the whole lid I applied a  navy (2).


I then applied a more purply navy (3) along the crease and outer third of the lid. On top of this, I applied a very light shimmery blue (4), along with a darker light shimmery blue (5) (if that makes sense - it was still light blue, but lighter than before). Finally, I went over the crease with the same purply navy (3) as before.


I lined my lash line with Borjois Clubbing liquid liner and used my usual Borjois Kohl and Contour for the water/tight lines. Then I used Benefit They're Real on top and bottom lashes.

Really simple, but quite pretty and smokey.

Glamour Nights:

Immaculate Collection:

Sorry this post isn't great - I was just so disorganised and, well, quite lazy today. BUT, what matters is that the post is up and vaguely shows something that I hope you'll find interesting...

IOTD: Molly Wringwald. I feel like blue eyeshadow is sterotypically very 80s so I've chosen one of my favourite teen movie actresses - she is in The Breakfast Club and Pretty in Pink which are two of my favourite films!

SOTD - About Today by The National





No comments:

Post a Comment