Living life one experience at a time

Living life one experience at a time

Wednesday 23 April 2014

Woman Crush Wednesday!

Hello!

So, within the social-media-webisphere, I've been aware of #mancrushmonday and #womancrushwednesday for quite some time now. I know this sort of post is a really cop out, but I don't have a huge amount of time today (O2 are bugging me about a phone upgrade so I'm having to go and sort that out today, which involves a real trek for me on buses to get to my nearest town) but really wanted to write a post. My monday/wednesday/friday schedule is not going to well the last couple of months and I'm trying to get back into it. Sooooo, I thought I'd share my own Woman Crush Wednesday list for you. These are some of the ladies I'm loving at the moment - whether it's for their amazing style, incredible talent or just that they're HOT, haha!

Lorde
This girl. Just. Wow. She's so cool and SO talented. If I'd been half as talented as her when I was 16, well... I think my life would have been a liiiiittle different. I also love her confidence to stand up to the media, particularly in regards to photoshopping. She's not afraid to embrace her "flaws" and is willing to call magazines and newspapers out when they airbush them. 

Christina Hendricks
Beautiful Joan Harris. I've not actually watched Mad Men yet, but believe me, it's on my list! Christina Hendricks is absolutely beautiful and her style is just the BEST. I also love her gentle personality and elegance. What a lady! I have seen her in Drive (though she's not in it for long) and I Don't Know How She Does It, which I thought she was great in. I look forward to watching more films where she isn't a supporting actress.

Anna Kendrick
I'll be honest with you, when I first saw Anna Kendrick in Twilight, I didn't really think much of her - not a personal attack, but I didn't think the actors would do much else simply because of how harsh everyone was on those films. But I've learnt a lot more about her (she's very intelligent and oh so witty) and I've seen her in a few more things now (Pitch Perfect, What to Expect When You're Expecting and Up in the Air) and I've really changed my mind. She's awesome.

Beyonce
Well, I don't even know where to start. Beyonce is incredible. She has great talent, a humble personality and is seriously business driven. I'm always excited to see what she'll do next and pray for the day that I'll get to see her live.

Leighton Meester

I've loved Leighton Meester ever since I started watching Gossip Girl back in..... 2008/9, maybe? Anyway, whenever it was, I instantly thought she was amazing. She's beautiful, her style is just great and she's a really good actress. Oh, and she has the voice of a little country angel. I love that she's so versatile and wish I could see her as Curly's wife in her Broadway debut of "Of Mice and Men", because I think she's going to really shine.


Who are you crushing on at the moment?

Thanks for reading!

IOTD - Christina Applegate

SOTD - Wildest Moments by Jessie Ware

No comments:

Post a Comment