Living life one experience at a time

Living life one experience at a time

Wednesday 2 April 2014

FOTD and Contouring

Hello!

I thought I'd show you a make-up look I wore recently using my new Sculpting Powder Duo from Illamasqua, an eye palette from MUA and a couple of Rimmel lipsticks.


So, I started with my usual Benefit Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow foundation in "Ivory: I'm Pure For Sure" which I applied with a Real Techniques Expert Face brush. I followed with Benefit Fakeup in "Light 02" on my dark circles and any blemishes - I'm talking about you Mr Spot next to my mouth, you poop head! I blended this in using an Eco Tools concealer brush.


It was at this point that I went in with the Illamasqua Sculpting Powder Duo Contour Kit. Applying the neutral shade - "Heliopolis" - under the cheek bone. I applied this using the Real Techniques Setting brush. My cheeks naturally go inwards so it's fairly obvious where to apply this on my face, however if you suck in your cheeks you'll see where to apply it on your own face. It's a very subtle contouring kit - you're not going to achieve crazy results like Kim Kardashian using this. If you're looking for a good tutorial on how to use this kit, try this one. I then applied "Ambition" blush powder, also by Illamasqua, to the apples of my cheeks using a Real Techniques Blush brush - which is amazing! Above that, using another RT Setting brush, I applied "Lumos" highlight - in the Sculpting kit - along the top of the cheek bone. I used a very small amount of "Heliopolis" either side of the bridge of my nose too, for a bit of shaping.


For my eyes, I used the MUA "Undressed" palette which I bought from Superdrug, firstly by applying "Shade 1", a very pale, pearly pinkish white shadow, all over the lid, into the highlight and on the brow bone. I then applied "Shade 10", a chocolatey, shimmery brown on the outer third and crease, blending the two shadows with a tapered blending brush from Sigma. I then lined and mascara'd like usual - Bourjois Kohl and Contour in the water and tight lines, Benefit They're Real on the lashes.


I applied a little of the Lasting Finish Kate lipstick from Rimmel in shade "03". Over that I blended Rimmel Moisture Renew lipstick in shade "200 Latino", which is a softer tone of a bright pink. I just used my ring finger to blend it, but you could a lip brush, either is fine.

And that's it! Hope you like it!

Inspiration of the day - Christina Hendricks


Song of the day - 30 Minute Love Affair by Paloma Faith

No comments:

Post a Comment