Living life one experience at a time

Living life one experience at a time

Sunday 4 August 2013

Apologies and French holiday!

Hello everybody!

Firstly, sorry for not posting in months. I've been so busy finishing college and, well, enjoying this beautiful weather. I'll try my hardest to post more, but I can't make too many promises - I'm a busy little thing!

I've just arrived home from a really relaxing holiday in Le Touquet, France.


 I went for 6 days and had such a wonderful time. This post is going to be fairly long, but is going to show you some of my outfit of the days and nights, as well as a few of the things I bought while I was out there. Enjoy!

This is the outfit I wore to travel in, minus the leggings I had on in the car. When we got there it was suuuuper hot, so I had to nip into a toilet and take them off (classy lady). The dress is from ASOS.

That night I wore this simple black skater dress from H&M with nude studded sandals from New Look.

The next evening I wore this Aztec print strapless maxi dress which is also from New Look.

It rained on this day so I opted for jeans in the evening, which are from Topshop, along with a peplum vest, cardigan and shoes from New Look.

The weather cleared up really quickly so my next outfit was this cute ditsy print dress from Topshop which is made from 100% organic fabric.

I wore this dress from Next which I dug out of my wardrobe a few days before we left. I hadn't worn it in ages because I got a bit too big for it, but have since slimmed down a little. I'm so happy it fits again!

Then I wore another little ASOS number on our last day.

Here are a few of the purchases I made whilst we were away. I didn't get many bargains because the pound/euro exchange rate is pretty crappy at the moment and it's a very expensive area, but I did pick up some really nice things.

Marc Jacobs is king of perfume! My parents kindly bought me Dot and I got Oh, Lola for myself. I got both because I loved them both so much and couldn't decide! I think they were both around £35 in the duty free shop at the Eurotunnel.

My mum actually found this cute little bag in a boutique we found on a side street in Le Touquet. It was only £10!

Diadermine is a moisturiser I always try to buy when I'm in France. It's really thick and creamy and I like to slather it on at bedtime for a good deep moisturise when I sleep. I thought I'd try the cleanser too - which so far I'm loving. The cleanser was about £5 and the moisturiser was about £8.

I bought this cardigan and dress from Mango. The dress was £25 and the cardigan was £30. I thought they'd be perfect to see me through summer into winter. I did buy another dress but had to take it back because it smelt awful! I was so disappointed, but also embarrassed as I had to work out how to explain the situation in French. I just mumbled something about "maloderant". Oh dear...


Song of the day: Give a Little Love - Noah and the Whale

Celebrity inspiration of the day: Alison Mosshart


6 comments:

  1. Love your outfits - the dresses are so cute! ^^' I have the Marc Jacobs "Dot" myself and true; he simply is king of perfumes <3
    ~ xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I love little summer dresses, my uniform in the warmer months! His perfumes are just amazing! I also have Daisy and I'm keen to smell Honey too. The bottles are so cute xx

      Delete
    2. I am so excited for "Honey" too! And yes, the bottles themselves are to die for (;
      ~ xx

      Delete
    3. They make my bookshelf look so pretty, haha xx

      Delete
  2. I'm glad you had a great time on holiday. Love the outfits you put together and Oh Lola is now firmly on my wish list xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it was lovely! You're so kind, thank you. Oh Lola is beautiful, I've decided it's my favourite of the two, it's so sweet and girly! xx

      Delete