Living life one experience at a time

Living life one experience at a time

Monday 29 December 2014

Update!

Hello everyone!

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas if you celebrate and that you're looking forward to the start of a new year!

Once again, it's been a really long time since I blogged, but I have just been so busy! The combination of work and completing the make-up course was quite a lot for me. I'm a bit of a perfectionist so I put my heart and soul into everything I do and it all just ended up taking up all my time. I've just ended up making myself unnecessarily stressed out which has ultimately caused me to get nice and poorly - I currently have shingles which is so horrible! I'm hoping that I'll have some free time soon to start writing on here more often because I really do love it! I have so many posts planned out that I want to share with you, so fingers crossed it starts to happen soon!

So, what's been happening?

Well, I'm still working in retail which is fine for now. It's been very busy due to it being Christmas and then going into the sales. My illness could not have come at a worse time, but never mind, I'm trying to power through as much as possible!

My biggest news is that I finished the make-up course and......

Drum roll please.....

I PASSED!

I am so beyond happy! I can confidently start to market myself as a make-up artist knowing that my work is of a good standard and that I am practicing hygienically and maintaining good client care. I really enjoyed taking the course - the tutors were amazing and so knowledgeable, I learnt such a lot from them! And all the other girls that I took the course with were so lovely! I'm hoping that we stay in touch and cross paths again in the future.

I studied Level 2 make-up at the Jackie Hamilton School of Beauty which is in Norwich. I don't actually live in Norwich, or Norfolk for that matter so I had to travel from Suffolk every other Sunday to get there for 10am. Leaving the house at 8:20am on a Sunday morning is not the one - but I'm SO glad I did it! We learnt all about hygiene, client care, colour theory, face shapes/tones/types etc, cosmetic science - and so much more! We also (obviously!) learnt how to apply make-up correctly for 4 different types of make-up - daytime, bridal, evening and special occasion. We were also given the opportunity to unleash our creativity a bit and do an "Other" make-up, for which I re-created a historically accurate 1920's look. We then took a theory exam which was multiple choice and the following week we took our practical exam for which we showed an examiner that we could perform a full cleansing routine and daytime make-up in 30 minutes following high standards of hygiene and client care.

Now that I've passed the level 2 course, I have applied to do the level 3 course which starts in February and focuses more on fashion and photographic make-up. I'm so excited to start!

In the meantime, I'll be starting to launch my business and build myself up as make-up artist whilst I'm still at work.

Thank you all so much for reading and I'll hopefully be updating this blog really soon!

SOTD - Blue by Beyonce

IOTD - Zoe Sugg


No comments:

Post a Comment