Living life one experience at a time

Living life one experience at a time

Thursday 18 September 2014

The Start of Something New - UPDATE!!!

Hello kind readers!

I hope you are all doing wonderfully and have had a fab month while I haven't posted (that's my covert way of saying sorry for being lazy...).

I've been really busy! Working, socializing and getting ready to start my new training course. You may be thinking, "Training course?! What training course?!", wellllllllllllllll... I'm about to start training to become a qualified make up artist!!!!!! HOW EXCITING!

I've actually known about this since June, but I didn't want to write about it until the time came for the course to start. My track record of dropping out or chickening out of things is pretty darn high, so I wanted to make sure I didn't write a massive post about it, only to write another one telling you how much of an epic fail I am! But I start on Sunday and I'm really hopeful that this will turn out well.

I'll be studying at a small - but perfectly formed! - beauty school in Norwich, The Jackie Hamilton School of Beauty and the course will take place over the next 12 weeks. I go in for a day a fortnight and then complete case studies during the periods I'm not there. In December I'll take an exam and then if all goes to plan, I'll be able to start working as a pro MUA.

Over all the years I've spent trying to decide what I should do with myself, beauty therapy and specifically make up is something I've always come back to, and also something that my friends and family have always said I'd be good at. I'm not sure about that, but I do know that it's something I'll enjoy. I'm so interested in make up and it's honestly my dream to make a career out of it. In years previous, I thought it would be best to get a degree and then do something more "sensible", but that's so not for me. I tried it and it was a disaster. It's so much better to do something that you know you'll enjoy. So if that's going to university and getting a degree and then a job through that, then you should definitely do it. But if it's going to beauty school, or something else that's more vocational, then do it!

SOTD - Waterfalls by TLC

IOTD - Samantha Chapman
My faaaaaaaaavourite make up artist. Sam is someone I look up to so much, and if I can be even half as successful as she is, I will be over the moon!

No comments:

Post a Comment