Living life one experience at a time

Living life one experience at a time

Wednesday 12 March 2014

Subtle Winged Eye

Hello lovely people!

Long time, no blog. I've been pretty busy the last few weeks so just haven't really felt like blogging. I hit a bit of a wall I guess - not much motivation and my ideas ran a bit dry. But I'm hoping I've come up with some ideas for some good posts that will keep the blog moving nicely for a while.

I tried experimenting a bit with eye liner wings. I love them, but they do tend to have a stronger look, which is great if that's what you're going for. Recently though, I've wanted to make them look a bit more subtle and soft.

Here's what I came up with:


I decided to try using a kohl pencil liner instead of gel or liquid. Kohl is great because it's very versatile. You can create solid and highly pigmented lines but you can also smudge it easily. It's perfect if you're practising with liner as it comes off quite easily so if you make a mistake you can just wipe it off and start again. 

Using Bourjois Kohl and Contour in Noir, I lined my upper lash line with a thick line, and then winged it out.


Initially, I was going to do a much thinner line, but I actually made a slight mistake. It actually turned out ok, because I just decided to thicken the line - see, sometimes going wrong makes for something much better!

I used a subtle gold/brown shadow from an MUA palette (unfortunately, it doesn't have a name, but something like Half Baked from Urban Decay would work just as well). I simply patted it all over the lid and liner and you can see how much it softened the look. I applied a tiny bit of a matte brown (again, no name, but Buck or Naked from Urban Decay are good for this) to deepen the crease and voila - all done!

This is a really simple, quick look that's great if you're in a rush, but still want something pretty and bit sparkly.

Hope you liked it!

IOTD - Kourtney Kardashian


SOTD - Crave You by Giselle




No comments:

Post a Comment